Flood Damage Masters specializes in the following Restoration Services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Flood Damage Restoration.
- Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
- Sewage Cleanup Restoration
- Mold Remediation
Call our Restoration Technicians immediately!
Fires are the second leading cause of accidental death around the home. Knowing who to call if you ever have a fire is just plain good business.
Because of the unique behavior of smoke, fire restoration can be a complex and costly endeavor. It is important to have an experienced and specially trained restoration team on your side. Fast treatment will reduce the health hazards of smoke and soot.
Flood Damage Masters is the most comprehensive resource available for fire damage services, assessment, and recovery.
During a fire some very toxic chemicals can be produced as a result of breakdown and outgasing reactions from the various components of materials used during construction, such as solvents, glues and untold other items within the structure.
Flood Damage Masters state -of-the-art technology detects and neutralizes these toxic chemicals as well as contain any hazardous materials. The unique behavior of smoke makes a fire loss more devastating and complex than just about any other type. It is of the utmost importance to have trained technicians at the loss location. Flood Damage Masters skilled, specially trained technicians know how to handle damage from smoke, soot and other results of fire.
Flood Damage Masters will use special equipment to test for toxic gases and materials and remove smoke odor and soot from the indoor environment. Often times valuable electronic eqyipment is lost and one of the most expensive items to replace. We can restore your valuable electronics, machinery, books, documents, and artwork, saving you thousands of dollars.
Facts About Smoke
- Heat and smoke travels to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure
- Smoke flows through any opening no matter how small, in particular plumbing systems, it follows and uses holes around pipes to go from floor to floor
- The types of smoke greatly affects the restoration process because type determines treatment
Identifying Types of Smoke
When Flood Damage Masters steps in, it takes charge, and immediately addresses your concerns and tests the smoke to see which of the following types of fire occurred. In that manner the best course of treatment can be determined.
- Wet Smoke-Low heat, characterized by smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke-A high temperature fast burning fire.
- Protein-Virtually an invisible scum that discolors paints and varnishes. Extremely pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot-Furnace puff backs cause fuel oil soot.
- Other types-Fire extinguisher residue, tear gas, fingerprint powder, are other types.
Pretesting Your Property
Once Flood Damage Masters knows the type of smoke, the next step in evaluating the damage to property is pretesting to determine:
- What is replaceable and what can be restored
- The most effective and safe cleaning method available
- Condition of the property prior to the damage
- What is the full extent of the loss.